Fun Fun Fun: Authoring Micro Themes with Microthemer is fun. A lot of thought has gone into making the process as quick and easy as possible. We sell all Micro Themes submitted to the Themeover marketplace for $15. Authors receive 40% commission on every sale. When also participating in our affiliate programme Micro Theme authors will earn over 50% commission on Micro Themes that are purchased as a result of a their affiliate referral link.
Why Bother Designing Micro Themes?
Scenario 1: You’ve Done the Maths
Micro Themes sell for $15, approximately half the price of a regular theme on a marketplace like Themeforest ($35). But if you’re an experienced CSS designer you can build a good Micro Theme in the space of a few hours. How many Micro Themes could you design in the time it takes you to build one regular WordPress theme?
Scenario 2: You Specialise in Frontend Design
You’re a front-end web designer. You’ve got an eye for attractive CSS layouts but you’d be out of your depth if you tried to build a regular WordPress Theme. If this is you, then Micro Themes are the perfect way to give your front-end design talent exposure and earn good money in the process.
Scenario 3: You’ve spotted an Opportunity to Monetise Your Existing Themes
You’re already a great WordPress Theme author and you’ve cunningly identified that you can make money selling alternative skins for your themes on the Themeover marketplace. You’ve worked hard to create a stand out theme with lots of great functionality. Time to give it a fresh wardrobe!
Sounds Great! How Do I Get Started?
- Watch our Introducing Microthemer, Introducing Micro Themes and Dissecting Microthemer videos
- Purchase Microthemer
- Read our Author Guidelines and checkout out Author Resources before you start.
- Build your Micro Theme with Microthemer (use a blank slate theme as a starting point)
- Register for free as Themeover member
- Upload your theme
- We pay you 40% commission every time we sell one of your themes (up to 52% if you join our affiliate program).