NEW: As of version 1.1.2, Microthemer can be updated automatically like regular WordPress plugins. See instructions for setting this up.
Updating Microthemer manually is easy peasy too. All settings are saved in the database or in the form of Micro Themes (saved in /wp-content/micro-themes/). No settings are ever saved inside the Microthemer plugin. This means that you can completely delete Microthemer and then install the new version without having to worry about loosing any of your settings.
Option 1: Updating Microthemer via WordPress
- When logged into WordPress, go to the main Plugins page
- Click the “Deactivate” link under “Microthemer” in the table on the right
- Once the page has finished loading, click the “Delete” link under “Microthemer”
- When WordPress asks you do confirm the delete, do so
- To install the upgraded version of Microthemer, click the “Add New” link
- Click the “Upload” link
- Browse to where you saved the Microthemer upgrade zip package on your computer and open it
- Click the “Install Now” button
- Click the “Activate Plugin” link
- That’s it!
Option 2: Updating Microthemer via FTP
This option requires familiarity with connecting to your web server with an FTP client.
- Extract the upgraded Microthemer zip file on your computer using an unzipping program (e.g. WinRaR or windows)
- Using your FTP Client (e.g. Filezilla) connect to your web server and then navigate to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Transfer the Microthemer directory you extracted onto your computer to the online /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Doing this will overwrite the previous version of Microthemer
- That’s it!
If you run into any problems you can get help in our support forum.