Apply css globally

Author Posts

andrejkobal

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi, just bought the plug-in and I love it.

Anyway, is there a way to apply my changes globally.

In concrete I have an event plug-in (Calendarize.It). I have applied some css changes to one of the event. But this modification it only works for this (one) event, if I go to another it doesn’t work.
Is there any option – solution how to make it work on all events (globally).

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

Hi there,

If you can post a link to your site I will explain how to adjust your events styling. But in the meantime, here’s an explanation of how to adjust the broadness of your element targeting in general, when you first create your selectors.

When you double-click an element that you would like to restyle, there is a dropdown menu alongside the options for naming the selector in the selector wizard. By default, the preselected value in the menu is the “most specific” selector Microthemer could come up with after analysing the HTML on the page. So Microthemer would try to target just one image instead of all images across the site for instance.

But you can make the targeting more broad by adjusting the values in the dropdown menu (even if you don’t understand what they mean) and watching how the highlighting changes. In your case it sounds like Microthemer is picking up post ids and incorporating them at the start of the CSS selector code, thus limiting the scope of the styles to the individual event.

If you click the “Modify Selector” link on each of the selectors you created for styling the event and remove the “#post-id” bit you may find that your styles apply globally in the way you require. Of course I’m guessing at this stage. A link to your site will allow me to advise you better!

Thanks,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.