Heads up! this post was created when Microthemer was at version 2. The current version is 7. Some references to the interface may be out of date.
The process of installing Microthemer and Microthemer Lite is exactly the same. And if you install Microthemer Lite you can simply unlock it (after purchasing a license) without having to re-install a different version.
- Download the Microthemer zip file to your computer.
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Click the Plugins link in the WordPress left hand menu.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- Browse for the Microthemer zip file on your computer and click the Install Now button.
- Once installed (this might take a few minutes) click the activate plugin link.
- Microthemer is now installed and activated, and its name should appear in the left hand menu of WordPress.
- Go to the Microthemer interface by clicking “Microthemer” on the left hand menu.
- Click the button at the top of the Microthemer interface.
- Enter your PayPal email address used for the purchase.
NOTE: this might be different to the email you use to log into your account on themeover.com.
- Click the button.
- This should unlock the program. You will receive a green success notification at the top right of the interface. If you see a red notification, please hover your mouse over the red notification to see details on how to troubleshoot the issue. If you can’t figure out the reason straight away, please email us or post a message in our forum and we will get you unlocked ASAP.
Note: you will not lose any Microthemer settings even if you completely uninstall Microthemer before installing a new version (not that you need to uninstall before upgrading).
You can upgrade Microthemer from your WordPress dashboard in the same way as any regular WordPress plugin. Whenever there is a new version of Microthemer you will see a notification on your WordPress plugins dashboard. To upgrade please follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- Go to the Plugins/Installed Pugins link in the left hand WordPress menu.
- Scroll down to find Microthemer in the list and click the Update Now link.
- WordPress will then upgrade and reactivate Microthemer.
Upgrading Manually – An Alternative Method
You can also upgrade Microthemer manually if you know how to use an FTP client. Follow these steps to upgrade manually:
- Log into your themeover.com account and download Microthemer from the “My Downloads” page.
- Extract the Microthemer zip file somewhere on your computer.
- Connect to your website using an FTP client (e.g. Filezilla) and navigate to the following directory: /wp-content/plugins/
- Delete the existing /wp-content/plugins/microthemer directory.
- Upload the extracted “microthemer” directory from your computer to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory using your FTP client.
- That’s it.