Feature I would love to see in Microthemer

Author Posts

ChuckLit2

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

While I love using Firebug to discover what selectors to use in Microthemer, the problem with firebug is that it refuses to copy the complete CSS path. For example, on this page:

http://kansascitypianotuning.com/services/piano-tuning-services/

I wanted to remove the original Artisteer outer art box and instead style the inner box and I was able to do that with a little research. However, while it looks fine in Firefox, I have discovered the outer box is mostly still showing in IE. So obviously I am going to have to do some more research on finding the correct selector to remove it from IE also.

When deciding on selectors I usually copy the full path and paste it into a text file where I can decide what parts I need and what I don’t .. then test them in firebug… Here is the complete path as copied via firebug:
————————————————————————–
html.firefox body.archive div#art-main div.art-box div.art-box-body div.art-layout-wrapper div.art-content-layout div.art-content-layout-row div.art-layout-cell div#post-429.art-box div.art-box-body

The problem is that isn’t even close to the true full path… THE REAL COMPLETE path is:

———————————————————————–
html.firefox body.archive.category.category-piano-tuning-services.category-8 DIV#art-main DIV.art-box.art-sheet.pie_hover DIV.art-box-body.art-sheet-body DIV.art-layout-wrapper DIV.art-content-layout DIV.art-content-layout-row DIV.art-layout-cell.art-content DIV#post-429.art-box.art-post.post-429.post.type-post.status-publish.format-standard.hentry.category-piano-tuning-services.tag-kansas-city.tag-kansas-city-piano-service.tag-kansas-city-piano-tuning.tag-kc-mo-piano-tuner.tag-kcmo-piano-tuning.tag-piano-tuner-kansas-city.tag-piano-tuners-kansas-city DIV.art-box-body.art-post-body

So here is my wish… I would love it if there was a feature in Microthemer where I could point to an area on the page and it would copy the REAL COMPLETE path to my clipboard. That would be worth it’s weight in gold… LOL….

Chuck

ChuckLit2

It would also be great if I could edit my postings in this forum to correct my silly typos… like changing “wait” to “weight” in the above…. LOL…
——————————-
edit… edit….
mmmmmmmmmmm… I can edit this reply… but there is no “edit” button or link for my original post above… mmmmm… might was to see if you can fix that… smile…

Sebastian

Hi Chuck,

I think perhaps there is a time limit for editing a post, which is why you could edit your reply but not your original posts that was over an hour old. I can’t be certain. As an admin I can always edit posts. And I’ve corrected your spelling on “weight” for you!

Regarding the Firebug issue, I’ll put it on the “possibility” list. At this current moment in time I’m not sure how such as thing would be accomplished.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.