How to edit visuals of dynamic content

Author Posts

balticsamurai

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I’m new with this, but it seems like an awesome plugin (already purchased dev licence as video was convincing enough 🙂 ).

I have to edit a few pages with dynamic content (example, http://riskfreemarketingsystem.com/checkout/?product_id=130 ), like for instance membership registration form that appears on a page only when you’ve added product to cart etc. Is there any keyboard shortcut that allows me to enable Microthemer when I’m at a dynamic page which I want to edit? If not a keyboard shortcut, maybe we can enable Mircorthemer from Admin toolbar at the top? Otherwise currently we always start from home page, and if my home page is set up as a squeeze page and has no links to other pages, I can’t get to them which is a bit frustrating. Most probably there’s something I don’t know yet 🙂

Thanks in advance for help in sorting this out.

Sebastian

Hey,

You can actually specify the URL microthemer initially loads on the Microthemer > Preferences page. Look for the “View Site URL: ” option.

However, Microthemer should also load the last page you viewed in the visual view and not always default to the home page. If this functionality has been broken I will fix it in the next release.

Will setting the “View Site URL: ” option solve your current problem?

Cheers,

Sebastian

balticsamurai

Thanks Sebastian for prompt reply. Although I couldn’t manage to open specific page as it kept loading it forever, it’s not a big deal.

Another thing (don’t know maybe I should’ve opened a new thread) is how to move Microthemer panels around when they overlap my object. I tried to edit element in a footer, but I can’t even precisely target it as Microthemer panel pops on top of it.

Here’s a screen: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0K-ChcraXlgbjlxR09mblpocEU/edit?usp=drivesdk

balticsamurai

I’m sure you know but I still think it’s worth mentioning Firebag has option to detach panel which solves this problem

Sebastian

Hi there,

I couldn’t actually open screenshot you sent me, but I think I get what you mean with regards to Firebug. Another solution that may be preferable is to open firebug in the Standard view and then open the visual view. That way, the visual view will acknowledge the space at the bottom of the screen taken up by firebug and you can use firebug and microthemer together a bit more easily.

I hope that’s of some use.

Cheers,

Seb

balticsamurai

Hi Sebastian,

still trying to figure out how to target items that are at the bottom of page, in for example footer. I’ll try to describe what I’m going through more precisely. When I double-click on footer item, Microthemer panel pops-up, covering the item itself. So, I can’t see what exactly I’m targeting: text only, the whole block or anything else (sorry for laymen terms – I’m not developer, although I’ve been around Wordress for years).

So, I guess my question is – how to move that panel around so I can see the actual element I’m targeting?

Sebastian

Ah I’m with you now. It’s not possible to move the panel, but there is actually a setting on the Microthemer > Preferences page where you can enable transparency on the Selector Wizard so that you can see what’s behind the popup.

“Selector Wizard Transparency: Enable transparency when mouse cursor moves off Selector Wizard”

It’s off by default because the transparency can be a bit distracting and isn’t needed when selecting most elements.

Cheers,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.