Microthemer – What Do You Like? What Could Be Better?

Author Posts

graffig

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hey Sebastian,

No problem at all!

Really looking forward to test driving the new features in 3.0, I bet it’s been a busy time for you over the last several months.

Drop a tweet when you are happy to send out beta and I’ll run on several test themes

Have a lovely weekend,

Darron

Sebastian

Darron, that’s very kind of you indeed. I will send out a newsletter as well as a tweet when it’s ready.

Have a great weekend too!

Cheers,
Sebastian

yazo

It’s been awhile since i last posted here. Any upcoming news? 🙂
Read graffig’s last post, wondering if something coming this xmas? 🙂

Thanks

Sebastian

See this post: https://themeover.com/forum/topic/microthemer-3-0-what-did-we-get-right-what-should-we-improve/#post-3070

Enjoy!

Sebastian

graffig

Happy Christmas and New Year Sebastian!

I hope all is well with you and that you’re having a good break.

Thank you so much for providing a sneak peak – will upload to test site and give it a whirl!

Darron

graffig

Sebastian, daft question time!
How do I get 3.0 to launch on other pages rather than just home?

Cheers

D

Sebastian

Hi Darron,

As with version 2, you can either navigate to different pages from the homepage by single clicking links in the frontend preview (as you usually would when navigating a site rather than double-clicking them to restyle them). Or if you want Microthemer to load a page that isn’t navigateable from the homepage you can paste the url for the page you want to load on the Preferences option (the preferences can now be accessed using the cog icon in the menu on the left (which may need to be expanded).

Version 3 has done away with the standard editing view you may have noticed 🙂

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too Darron!

ps if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask. I will be working all christmas/new year (albeit in a place with slightly unreliable internet for the next few days).

graffig

S,

Thanks so much! That worked perfectly!

My problem was that I’ve a temp holding page with no nav set up whilst developing new site, so couldn’t figure how to set Themeover to alternative page.

Take care

D

yazo

Hi Sebastian, unfortunately this release didnt work for me. I clicked on a element and it highlighted it but nothing else. I didnt see anywhere to change the css on the element. I am using a Artisteer theme. Thanks

Abland

Hi, yazo,

Excuse me while I butt in 🙂 It looks like when you double click an element the wizard activates a “Selector Name” field at the top left and a folder location next to “Where”. You can CREATE SELECTOR on the button or click the “Advanced Options” in the upper right to get the target elements you’d want.

Once you’ve done that, selecting it for editing presents a couple toolbars along the top for styling. It’s pretty slick.

In case it makes a difference as well, I’ve activated (unlocked) my install to import my settings pack.

yazo

Hey Abland, thanks for chiming in. Unfortunately i don’t get a wizard or a “Selector Name” field at the top left nor a “Where” text. All i see is the element turn a shade of grey and a vertical tab on the left and some other icons on the top bar but again they don’t allow me to style the grey out element box i clicked.

Here is an image i uploaded so you can see what i’m talking about.
http://fastnezzycomputerrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/microthemer-new-version.jpg

Perhaps I am missing something you guys can see…lol

Appreciate the help. 🙂

And happy holidays to all.

Yazo

Abland

Hi, Yazo,

Strange … hmmm – these would be my thoughts:

1. Microthemer was unlocked and I imported a settings pack – are you able to install the blank Artisteer to see if that opens anything up?
https://themeover.com/theme-packs/

2. Mine is a Genesis theme – can you try using microthemer on the default wordpress theme in case artisteer is causing a script conflict?

3. Is a plugin causing conflict?

Sebastian

Hi Yazo,

Yes it does sound like your theme or one of your plugins is conflicting with Microthemer. Although 3.0 has been thoroughly tested in various browsers isn’t hasn’t had much life experience in the real world yet. Would you mind sending me login details for the site you’re having difficulties with so that I can inspect the interface with firebug and diagnose the issue?

FYI this is what the selector wizard that should appear looks like: https://docs.google.com/a/themeover.com/file/d/0B2vCpmXg7SjlUTJnQi1yMmRia1k/edit

Thanks,

Sebastian

ps Abland, thanks for offering your assistance. And I’m glad it’s working well for you 🙂

yazo

Hi Sebastian,

I just sent you the login details over to your email(s).

And a BIG thanks to Abland for taking the time to offering his suggestions.

And a BIG thanks to you Sebastian for offering this Awesome release, can’t wait to try it. 🙂

Yazo

Sebastian

Thanks yazo I’ve located the source of the javascript error. And I’ve emailed you requesting some additional access to your site to help me test out a fix.

Many thanks,

Sebastian

Sebastian

Yazo – the issue was with the jQuery version you’re running. It’s pre 1.9 which is incompatible with the current version of Microthemer. WordPress 4.1 uses jQuery 1.11 but your theme deregisters the default jQuery version. I have responded to your last email with some options for you to choose.

Thanks,

Sebastian

themeover00

It would be nice to have a ‘remove all css for this item’ button. So we can see the before and after changes.

Sebastian

Hey,

By ‘item’ are you referring to a selector? So you could disable the styles for a given selector? If so, this came up quite recently on a separate thread and we have agreed to add it.

If not, could you clarify please?

Thanks,
Sebastian

WebsiteService360

There is something I would like to see done in Microthemer. So we have the ability to use any font from Google’s massive collection. Great.

Problem, re-using the font on different elements means going back in a digging through the Google fonts to find it again and re-select it.

Solution, it would be nice if there was a way you guys could add a Google font we’ve selected for use on that site to the font drop down selector.

Sebastian

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a general feature planned that should address your issue too. In a future release, Microthemer will keep track of the values you enter into any property field e.g. font-family, padding, etc. It may also build this list from computed values it picks up.

When you go to enter a value, Microthemer will display a ‘Suggested values’ dropdown menu for quickly reusing values.

Also, we will add a search box to the Google fonts API popup. It’s well over due 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian

WebsiteService360

Nice, will be on the look out.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.