Resolving JSON and Import errors with manually created microtheme.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian 6 years, 2 months ago.

Author Posts

Galen

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I tried to manually create a microtheme for Ubermenu (because of the difficulty selecting menu dropdowns in Microthemer) using a copy of the Woocommerce microtheme and raw css from http://wpmegamenu.com/customizer/ but found it would not import correctly.

I validated it here http://jsonlint.com/ and http://www.jsoneditoronline.org/ to no avail. It was only when I went to http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ and selected Compact (from the JSON Template) which turned it into one line, that I got it to work by copying and pasting that into the config.json.

I thought that might help other people encountering import issues with manually created microthemes.


Sebastian

Hi Galen,

Thank you very much for sharing your advanced method of creating Micro Themes by manually editing the config.json file.

It’s always great to see customers getting stuck in!

Cheers,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.