Where does the new css get stored?

Author Posts

graffig

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Sebastian
Apologies first off if (a) this is a simple question, and (b) it’s already covered somewhere within the forum.

I’m using a child theme with the new ultimatum 2.5 framework, and modifying various elements with Microthemer. I was wondering, as I would normally inspect the css and then make changes to my child theme css and upload via ftp, where does the css live when changing with Microthemer. Also, if the developer updates the framework would I loose my edits via your lovely plugin

Thanks in advance for any help

Sebastian

Hey,

No such thing as a silly question 🙂

Microthemer creates and updates a stylesheet called active-styles.css. That is where the CSS lives. It is completely independent from any theme updates so you will never lose your changes when updating Ultimatum.

I hope that helps,

Sebastian

graffig

Sebastian
It just get better and better your plugin – keep up the great work

Darron

Sebastian

Thanks Darron!

Sebastian

baxterious

And where will I find the active-styles.css file? I can’t seem to locate it anywhere.

Dexo

They are here:

/wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css

Sebastian

Unless you’re using multi-site, in which case you will find it in /wp-content/uploads/sites/[1]/micro-themes/

Or if you haven’t yet saved anything in Microthemer the stylesheet will not have been created.

Cheers,
Sebastian

ps thanks for pitching in Dexo.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.