background images [drop down selection says there are no images]

Author Posts

agensop

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

How do i add a background image with microthemer??? anytime i choose it says none, i have images in my media library. that i can put a link too but i dont get an option to type it anywhere. is there something i am missing???

Sebastian

Hi there,

If you want to include background images in your designs, you first need to upload the images to ANY Micro Theme via the Manage Themes page (which is a Microthemer sub-page). If you haven’t installed or created a Micro Theme yet, you can do so by going to the Manage Themes page and clicking the “Create New Theme” button. You could name your Micro Theme “Image Store”.

You would then use the file upload button in the Theme Files table at the bottom of the page to upload your images. Or, if you want to add multiple images at once (and you’re comfortable with FTP) you could just copy all the images from /wp-content/uploads/ into /wp-content/micro-themes/image-store/ (note: you probably can’t have sub-directories in /wp-content/micro-themes/image-store/ so you may have to move the images around on your computer first).

All background images added to ANY micro theme in the ways described above will always be available in the Microthemer UI.

Does that resolve your issue?

Regards,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.