choose font awesome in microthemer…

Author Posts

johannesodeg

Hi, what must I do to choose font awesome in microthemer font family area? Do I have to install or import something first?

regards
Johannes

Sebastian

Hey,

So in the video “Font Awesome 5 Free” came up in the dropdown menu because I had already entered that value manually. MT always lists recent values in the dropdown menus. If you are loading Font-awesome by adding an @import rule in the full code view, as shown in the video:

@import url("https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.8.1/css/all.css?ver=5.8.4");

You will need to manually enter “Font Awesome 5 Free” in the font-family field, the first time you use it.

However, it’s worth noting that it might be a bit better for performance to load the font-awesome stylesheet using some PHP enqueue code, if you have the technical ability to do so. As @import downloads sequentially, rather than in parallel to other CSS files, which happens when you load it using a regular HTML link element.

I used the @import example in the video just to quickly load Font Awesome for demonstration purposes.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

I’ve now fixed the issue with forum notifications, just in case you missed my previous reply.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.