Clarify Overwrite, Merge, Export [what does each do?]

Author Posts

ebsolutions

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi there,

Can you clarify the difference between Overwrite and Merge? These options appear above the ‘import’ button. What does each do? Can you explain with enough detail, to help us make the right decision before activating blank-slate artisteer. For example, does overwrite eliminate data and in what way? Or does it mean, it overwrites the blank-slate theme.

What about export? What does this do? Export what exactly. Does it export your microthemer changes on your blank-slate?

I would also like to suggest that you write up a web page explaining what import, export, overwrite, merge does. This way you can update in one place if the function definition changes and add new ones that you build. In the future, you can just post a link to this page when people ask. Just a suggestion 🙂

Thanks,
Monique

ebsolutions

Hi everyone,

I end up finding out the answers by watching one of the video tutorials.
I found the explanation of export and import function in the tutorial page located here:
https://themeover.com/support/microthemer-tutorials/
The one that help is the video tutorial #6 under the ‘Getting Started Videos’.

I am posting this just in case in future someone else inquires on this.

Monique

Sebastian

Hi Monique,

Thanks for your suggestion, and for sharing where you found the relevant documentation in this forum. If you need help with anything else feel free to post here any time.

Cheers,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.