Code: selectors' text area too small for multiple targeting elements

Author Posts

olleka

Hi
If I create a selector like .mt-fest-fest .breadcrumbs and the want to manually add more to the sam selector code like
.mt-fest-fest .breadcrumbs,.mt-event-event .breadcrumbs, .mt-brollop-brollop .breadcrumbs, .mt-studentflak-studentflak .breadcrumbs, .mt-page-om-oss .breadcrumbs
The Code: row is very smal and hard to edit long selectors in.

How is that done in a better way?

Regards
Olle

Sebastian

Hey Olle,

You’ve got me there. The text input isn’t ideal for long selectors like the page-specific qualifiers you’re working with. We switched from multi-line textareas to single line inputs in version 5 because I wasn’t totally happy with the textarea system. Unfortunately it looks like didn’t make a note of this in the changelog. And I can’t remember exactly what my reasoning was.

If I were to guess I would say single line inputs seemed suitable for most cases, putting aside your current issue. But this may have been a mistake. And I’m happy to flag this for review.

Has anyone else missed the multi-line textarea for editing selector code?

Thanks,
Sebastian

olleka

Hi.
Well, why don’t you make it editable in the <> custom CSS section?
I think that would be the ideal place.

Regards
Olle

Sebastian

Yes! That solutions suits me fine. Making the text editable was already on the todo list. And I’ve bumped up the priority now that you’ve given me an extra reason.

I’m currently working on animation and transition GUI properties. I’m at the final debug stages with animation. One I’ve completed these features (the first iteration of them at least), I will work on a series of small features including editable selectors in the <> custom code field.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.