Display Options not working after logging out [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

fusion

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi

I have several page elements set to hidden for Tablet/Phone and Phone screens. These are the Tap2Call button and Social Share Buttons shortcode in the header and the Recent Articles Widget Title and Article List on the homepage plus Social Share Buttons for Posts/Pages (set in the plugin not to be displayed on desktop homepage so you won’t see it)
http://johndalemotors.com.au/

Problem is while logged in (Chrome Browser) I see the changes after saving the Microtheme but once logged out all elements are seen (other browsers display all ‘hidden’ elements all the time)

Any clues? I saved and exported the Microtheme.

fusion

update: I placed the contents of ……micro-themes/active-styles.css?nocache=1397183234&ver=3.8.2 into the theme custom css area and all except below seems to work

/* RecentPostsWidget */
article#post-1713 div.srp-widget-container {
display: none !important;
visibility: hidden !important;
}

/* RecentArticlesHome */
section.cw-erpv-posts-section {
display: none !important;
visibility: hidden !important;
}

Sebastian

Hi there,

Are you using a caching plugin by any chance? Normally when things are different depending on whether or not you’re logged in it’s because logged in users see fresh up-to-date pages while non-logged in users see out of date cached page resources.

Although I’m not sure why it started working when you copied the code from active-styles.css to the custom code area – perhaps the old cache just happened to clear when you did that..?

With regards to the outstanding styles that still don’t work, could the CSS selector part of the code be targeting the wrong elements?

I hope these suggestions are useful. If not, please feel free to ask for more assistance. I may not be able to respond helpfully until tomorrow though.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Sebastian

PS the solution is you’re using a caching plugin would be to manually clear all caches after you’ve made your style edits. In W3 total cache this can be done from the Plugin’s dashboard page.

fusion

The first thing I usually do is clear the cache in both the plugin and the browser. But I have had things not go right before when I’ve done that. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Sebastian

OK, please let me know if you need me to investigate this further for you.

fusion

Removed the css from my theme custom css and all works now. Was probably cache related. Thanks.

Sebastian

OK great. Thanks for posting the final outcome.

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.