Export, Import & Merge

Author Posts

ChuckLit2

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I love the new Export, Import & Merging features in Microthemer. It just saved me a ton of work. I had used Microthemer to style my friends home page. Because of the way he wanted everything to show up it took a ton of extra style classes.. etc… I had a special section in Microthemer setup just for his home page…

Last night I was installing a new theme for him and had forgotten about all the special styling on his home page. When I installed the new theme everything was all messed up on his home page and I sighed and said to myself, “Oh Man!!!” I am going to have to re-style his page… Then I remembered about the new export, import and merging in the new Microthemer… so I exported his home page section and merged it with the new theme… Presto… everything looked great!

Thanks again for such a great program!
Now if I can only talk you into adding the “!important” property to only selected elements …. smile…

Chuck

Sebastian

Great!

The Import & Merge feature is also really handy for adding “Plugin Packs” to your design. I’ve just added a new section to the website for free, GPL licensed Plugin Packs. To start things off, I’ve added some CSS skins for forms created with the Contact Form 7 plugin. Download them for free and then just import and merge them into you existing design.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.