hi – i was the guy with the question on youtube comments

Author Posts

James

i was windering if someone could see if my theme is the problem that doesnt let me see the stylying options tab. blocksy theme thanks
james

Sebastian

Hi James,

Sure I’d love to get to the bottom of this. I’ve installed Blocksy on a test site, but I haven’t been able to replicate your issue with the Style tab on the inspection pane. The source of the problem might come from a plugin perhaps.

I asked about providing access temporary access to the site via my contact form (https://themeover.com/support/contact/) in my reply to your YouTube comment. Was that tricky though? If so, perhaps you could let me know what plugins you use so I can try to setup a similar WP environment.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Thanks for providing access James. I can see the following message from Microthemer on the Styles tab:

The current page loads too much CSS for Microthemer to routinely analyse on this tab.

Please use the “Computed” tab or browser dev tools instead.

Force one-time analysis

This means that Microthemer has disabled the feature because running it could cause performance problems. Selecting elements might feel slugish for instance. So it doesn’t update the Styles pane automatically when selecting elements.

I tried using the “Force one-time analysis” option, but it caused the browser to hang. That’s what Microthemer was protecting against by disabling the feature when it counted the number of CSS rules. The amount of CSS loaded onto the page must exceed Microthemer’s threshold.

However, it’s possible to get the same information that the Styles tab would show by using your browser’s inspection tools.

1. Right-click any element
  2. Choose “Inspect”
  3. This will open the browser’s inspection tools
  4. Go to the “Styles” tab (MT’s Styles tab is based on what browsers display there)

I hope that helps a bit. I’m sorry that you can’t use Microthemer’s own Styles tab for this particular site.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.