How do I export?

Author Posts

Moonworks

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I feel that I should know how to do this, but I can’t seem to figure out how to export a theme that I’ve worked on.

I did the save from the main page and it said it was exported, but I don’t see whwere I can physically move it to another site.

I’m suspecting a “Doh!” moment, but I prefer that to running out of hair to pull 🙂

Thanks.

Moonworks

Well, the Doh! came earlier than expected, I hadn’t noticed that the screen was telling me that the zip-exports folder wasn’t writable.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Have you recently upgraded to WordPress 3.5.1? I’ve heard of people having problems with the uploads folder not being writable since they upgraded. But I can’t find and info on this online at the moment (other than unwritable problems with 3.5.0 on some windows servers, which 3.5.1 was designed to fix).

Were you able to solve this problem by making /wp-content/plugins/microthemer/zip-exports/ writable? (e.g. with an FTP client or via your hosting control panel)

Also, if you go to /wp-content/micro-themes/ with your FTP editor you can manually download the micro theme and upload it your other WordPress install’s /wp-content/micro-themes/ directory.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Moonworks

Hi Sebastian,

It was easily sorted by setting the permissions in FTP.

Joe

Sebastian

Glad to hear it!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.