How to completely override Elementor's media Queries

Author Posts

danishc

Hey Sebastian,

Congrats on the new MT, very nice indeed.

I have a question, I just want to complete override elementor media queries as I don’t like to hang between Elementor and MT. So what’s the best way to completely override the media queries?

By the way, it would be awesome if we can have the same padding/margin value controls via mouse scroll wheel just like the old version.

Thanks, man and keep up the great work

Danish

Sebastian

Hey Danish,

I’m not quite sure what you asking with regards to Elementor media queries: “I don’t like to hang between Elementor and MT”. Could you clarify please?

You can still use the mousewheel to adjust style values in version 7. But you need to hold the alt key at the same time. People reported issues with accidentally settings styles before. See the keyboard shortcuts panel in settings for reference. There is also a video explainer for the keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers,
Sebastian

danishc

Hey Sebastian,

The problem I am having with Elementor is its new breakpoints never work properly, I have tried on different website builds. It shows something different when I am working in Elementor and then When I check using chrome its not the same responsiveness wise. I have to adjust the responsiveness in MT and sometimes Elementor doesn’t lets even that.

So I was wondering if I could just have a desktop media query for Elementor and the rest I can add myself and do all the work in MT instead?

Not sure if I am making sense but at the moment elementor breakpoints are not working, when i add an extra one for example 1366px. Its buggy.

haha that’s me being super excited about the new look and ofcourse I didn’t check the explainer video lol

Sebastian

Ah OK, I think I understand what you mean now. So you want to break the synchronisation between Microthemer’s responsive tabs and the Elementor interface? That should be easy enough. But I’ve noticed something strange that I will have to fix first. When Elementor is active, and you’re not using Elementor synced tabs, any MT responsive tab below roughly 700px syncs with Elementor’s mobile tab.

I will roll out a fix very soon.

Is that what you meant though?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey Danish,

On further investigation, this is actually quite tricky to fix without potentially breaking the sync behaviour for users that want it, and installed MT a long time ago. Now, when you edit a media query, there is an option for syncing the media query with a builder. But previously, this was done by matching the max-width media query values. This matching system needs to remain in place to keep things working for certain users.

If you want to use media queries in MT that don’t sync with Elementor’s responsive views, would you be able to solve this by simply changing the max-width values in your media queries.

For instance, you could change the one that is labelled “< 768" from: @media (max-width: 767.98px)

To:

@media (max-width: 768px)

I think that is the only one that syncs up with Elementor (of the default media queries MT suggests).

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.