How to move menu closer to header, and get separate header text on each page

Author Posts

KS555

Hi,
I’m new to WP and just figuring things out. Trying you plugin. Can it do that? If so, how? Thank you

Sebastian

Hey, you will be able to move your menu closer to your header with Microthemer. That’s a design change. But you can’t use Microthemer to change text as that’s a content change.

I can explain how to move the header once you’ve installed Microthemer. You will need to send me a link to the page you want to edit.

Cheers,
Sebastian

KS555

Thank you Sebastian,
Since the page is in process, I’d rather send you the link directly as opposed to posting it on the board. What is the best way to do that?

Sebastian

No problem at all. Please send a link to your site via our general contact form: https://themeover.com/support/contact/

KS555

Thank you, link has been sent. =)

Sebastian

You have a .site-branding div that has 80px of top and bottom padding. This is pushing the main menu down. Here’s what you can do in Microthemer:

1. Double-click your site title ‘My Site’.
  2. Go to the Inspector tab of the selector wizard that appears on the right.
  3. Click the up arrow on the directional controls once/a few times until the HTML code below shows: <div class=”site-branding”>…</div>
  4. Go back to the Targeting tab of the selector wizard.
  5. Click the div.site-branding option (although most will do fine).
  6. Name your selector Site Meta.
  7. Select the Header folder (folders are just for your own organisation).
  8. Click the CREATE SELECTOR button at the bottom of the wizard.
  9. Go to the padding and margin property group (7th icon below the main tabs at the top left).
  10. Reduce the bottom padding. You may want to reduce the top padding too.
  11. That should do it!

Cheers,
Sebastian

KS555

Thank you! It looks much better now! Helped a lot.

BTW you can’t add a secondary menu with this then, on only certain pages, right? I’m guessing that would be a content change?

Sebastian

Correct. You may find this plugin useful for applying WordPress widgets selectively to different pages: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

KS555

Thank you so much!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.