How to use CF7 templates?

Author Posts

BobfromCA

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I uploaded White Beauty and it said zip file extracted successfully. I see it in Manage Micro Themes but can’t figure out how to use it? I watched video tutorials on uploading, installing, etc… but don’t see anything on actually using White Beauty CF7 theme (or any of the other themes).

I have a Contact 7 basic form on my Contact Us page. I was hoping it would be easy to apply White Beauty to that form. But for the life of me, can’t figure out how. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

P.S. Site is on Multisite (only one so far). Microthemer is Not Network Activated but is activated for this site. Don’t know if that makes any difference.

Sebastian

Hi Bob,

Once you’ve installed a Micro Theme, you need to go to the main Microthemer UI page, and then import the Micro Theme into the interface using the fixed menu on the right (note: in the visual view you will need to expand this right hand menu using the grey button at the top right of the screen).

This video shows you how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ae7zY1E4OwU?vq=hd720&autoplay=1

Once you’ve imported White Beauty you can tweak the styles via Microthemer options too.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Sebastian

BobfromCA

Thanks Sebastian. I was able to get that far… and have White Beauty and Purple Beauty installed. Forgive my inexperience… I created a form in Contact Form 7 for the footer… a basic contact form. This where I get stuck. I don’t know how to apply the White Beauty CSS formatting to the form?

In Visual, I double click the form, selected “form.wpcf7-form p” (also tried “form.wpcf7-form”)… named it “Footer Form”. I can edit it in the editor as usual but how do I apply White Beauty CSS?

Sorry for being dense. 🙂

Sebastian

Hi Bob,

You’re not being dense.

I probably should’ve mentioned that White Beauty expects the HTML of the Contact Form 7 form to follow a particular pattern. You can copy and paste the sample code on the white beauty download page and then edit it to your needs: https://themeover.com/cf7-white-beauty/

If the Contact form 7 markup doesn’t follow that expected pattern the styles might not render as advertised on the themeover demo.

If changing the markup doesn’t fix your issue however, please post a link to your site and will investigate things further.

Cheers,

Sebastian

BobfromCA

Once again, Thanks Sebastian. I will play with the code. In the meantime I did install a free plugin – Contact Form 7 Skins which gives me about 6-7 skins I can use and some easy to use formatting.

But I think once I get the hang of Microthemer and the plugins/themes, I will rely less on other plugins to do what microthemer does.

Thanks,
bob

You must login or register to reply to this topic.