I'm getting JS error when testing WP 5.6 beta1

Author Posts

nick

Hi Sebastian,

I’m testing WP 5.6 beta1 (with the Gutenberg plugin activated among others) and Microthemer is giving me this error when using the drop down menu (suggestion – the 3 vertical dots) and any property, for example in the Dimensions section, the Width of the selected target:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘menu’ of undefined (line 1)
Microthemer discovered a JavaScript error on your site:

Error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘menu’ of undefined
URL: /wp-content/plugins/microthemer/js-min/microthemer.js?v=6.3.3.2 (line 1)
Source: Microthemer interface

Note: I did not test this on a WP 5.5 site, nor on a live site, just on a WAMP running Php 7.2x. As it is 2 am right now here in Los Angeles, I will do more extensive testing tomorrow, disable plugins, testing on other sites, with WP 5.5, etc… and try to find if a plugin etc… is causing this.

Once again,
Thanks.

Sebastian

Thanks for the heads up Nick. I was able to replicate this with just MT and WP. It looks like the beta uses a slightly different syntax for referencing custom jQuery UI autocomplete widgets. It now expects a dash (“-“) in the name. I will add a workaround for that.

I hope you managed to get sleep!

All the best,
Sebastian

Sebastian

OK, MT version 6.3.3.3 should fix this issue. There may be other issues if the beta uses a newer version of jQuery UI. But I haven’t noticed anything myself yet.

Thanks again for the early warning 🙂

nick

Hi Sebastian,

MT V 6.3.3.4 which I just received fixed the issue. I have to admit, that was fast, too fast in fact.

Once again,
Thanks a million.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.