Incremental unit changes using up/down cursor keys

Author Posts

SsMicro

Hi – I’m a big fan of using the keyboard and keyboard shortcuts. I’d like to request the ability to increase and decrease unit sizes using the up and down cursor keys on the keyboard.

Thanks. Gavin.

Sebastian

Hey Gavin,

No problem, this is already on the todo list. There will be a slider and plus/minus button on dropdown menus for numerical value properties. And once this has been added, I would be happy to include a keyboard shortcut for the plus and minus buttons.

Cheers,
Sebastian

SsMicro

Excellent, thanks. Another thought, as well as single 1pt increment using the up and down cursor keys, would it be possible to add a Shift + Up/Down option to increase by 10pt increments (ideally rounded to each 10 – i.e. increasing/decreasing 10pt/20pt/30pt) similar to Indesign? If not, no biggy.

Thanks again. Gavin.

Sebastian

Yeah I can see how that would be convenient. I will use the exact same key (Shift) if that is what inDesign uses.

I was thinking the default increment would be a bit different depending on the CSS unit. So pixels and percentages would increment by one. Ems/rems would increment by 0.1 etc. And with your Shift suggestion, the increment would be multiplied by 10. So ems would increment by 1em.

Cheers,
Sebastian

SsMicro

That sounds like a plan. Thanks.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.