Interesting product!

Author Posts

fthomas137

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I picked up your theme creator and started to play with it tonight. I’m very familiar with HTML and CSS and have a few suggestions for you.

It would be nice to be able to provde a color in backgrounds, none. This would in many cases permit see through backgrounds.

Second, it would be cool if the selectors coud be prefilled with the current CSS settings in blue lets say and then we could see what’s currently set in the theme.

Also, love to work with you to help you move things ahead.

Frank

Sebastian

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback!

Regarding your first suggestion, you can currently enter “transparent” in the background color field if you want see-through backgrounds.

Your second suggestion is interesting. It’s actually the second time someone has requested that feature. Although it will be fairly involved, your second vote brings it up the priority list. My initial thoughts on how I would implement this are as follows:

• I will add a button/link to the selector that says “Display Active Styles”
  • When clicked, Microthemer will analyse what styles are acting on elements targeted by the selector and display them (in blue perhaps) on empty fields that have been loaded into the interface (by clicking the CSS property group checkbox).
  • These blue values will disappear when the user clicks their mouse in the field (the kind of behaviour you get when contact forms have labels inside the actual form fields)
  • One hurdle will be getting this behaviour to work seamlessly with dropdown select menus, but right now I don’t know if this will be a big challenge or not

We will be sending out an email to our subscribers soon to update everyone on our latest developments, and to get more feedback of the kind you have provided. We really are interested in this kind of stuff, so thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. And thanks for offering to help us move things ahead. I’ll write back on this thread once I’ve analysed some code and come up with an proper action plan.

Thanks again!

Sebastian

fthomas137

Very cool! I’m actually thinking of looking at how you encode a theme to use with your software as I’m thinking about encoding the hybrid theme framework. I’ve been looking at it as a way to quickly develop themes and it may make a good edition to your works.

I just read your suggestions – do yourself a favor and just autofill in these fields – don’t worry about making them go away when you click in them. Just have the system pre and post analyze the fields and if they don’t change, then don’t re-record their values. I suggested the blue color in the windows simply to provide a comparison between the original and changes that are made.

Frank

Sebastian

Hi Frank,

If you’re suggesting making a Theme Pack for the hybrid theme framework that would great. It’s the first I’ve heard this, but it looks interesting.

Pre & Post analysing fields may actually be more troublesome than implementing my initial suggestion – but I’m sure all will become clear when I start tapping away on my keyboard!

Thanks again for getting involved 🙂

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.