Is this a bug? [page display looks different in Chrome]

Tagged: ,

Author Posts

Gerd

Hello,

displaing the same page with Google Chrome looks different in backend.

Regards
Gerd

Sebastian

Hi Gerd,

It looks like it could be a bug. Would you mind sending me login details for your site via this secure contact form?

https://themeover.com/support/contact/

Thanks,
Sebastian

Sebastian

This problem relates to the WP Admin bar. By default, Microthemer hides the WP admin bar in the site preview as it’s a bit of a distraction. Your theme also hides the WP admin bar using CSS.

The result of both Microthemer and your theme hiding the admin bar in different ways was a distortion to your header. Fortunately, the fix was quite simple. On the MT preferences, I set “Display WP admin bar on site preview” to “Yes“. The admin bar doesn’t show due to your theme’s settings, but your site looks identical in Microthemer now.

Gerd

OMG where is my bug? 🙂
Thank you. Great service.
If you have time, can you check this?
Options
Regards
Gerd

Sebastian

I don’t think it’s a bug. Your theme is probably deliberately hiding the admin bar for some reason. And actually, I don’t think it’s hiding the admin with CSS like I said previously. Your theme probably has this code in it’s functions.php file (or some other PHP file):

add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

If you want the admin bar to show on the frontend, you could try to find this code and comment it out with two forward slashes:

// add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

The missing text is a strange one. I noticed this when I first visited your site. But while I was inspecting the page with Chrome’s inspector the text started appearing. Now it is always there. I can’t recreate the situation whereby it disappears, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot. Which browser are you using? Is the problem intermittent for you too?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Gerd

Hi Sebastian,

with “OMG where is my bug?” i referrd rto the first post. 🙂
I updated to 4.7.5.2 and the missing text is back.

Thank you,
Gerd

Sebastian

Glad to hear it! Please let me know if you need assistance with anything else.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.