Login colour different

Author Posts

vargula

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi

I am trying to work out which microthemer control I use to change the colour of my login button. For some reason its coming up as red whereas the rest of my site is themed green.

My home page is miconsent.org

Thanks

Ed

Sebastian

Hi there,

I couldn’t actually see a red login button when I visited your website. What page is it on?

Many Thanks,

Sebastian

vargula

Thanks Sebastian.

The troublesome link is on the home page – I have screenshotted it (link below) its red even if I log out.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129320/downloads/annoying-red-log-in-link.jpg

In Firebug I see where it says RED but can’t work out how to relate what I see in Firebug with which file to edit.

Ive also screenshotted the Firebug screen for this element:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129320/downloads/firebug-ouput.jpg

many thanks.

Ed

Sebastian

I see what you mean.

For some reason the link appears green in my browser. but I can see from your firebug screenshot that there is a red inline style contained within the link. There is a trick for overriding inline styles that works in all browsers other than IE6. Paste the following code in the “Edit Hand-coded CSS” section at the very bottom of the Microthemer UI:

/* Override Inline Red Login Link Style */
#minimeta-2 a[style] {
color:#047013 !important;
}

That should make the link green.

vargula

Whoa – genius: it worked, thanks!
I guess if there are MULTIPLE bits of hand-code they can simply be listed one after another in the bottom window (as there were already some bits there).
Thanks again on this one
Ed

Sebastian

You’re welcome!

And yes, you can enter multiple bits of hand-coded CSS one after another.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.