Logo Dimensions [cropped instead of overlapping]

Author Posts

Bugsy52

I managed to resize (increase) the logo image dimensions on the home page, but it doesn’t flow over to other pages. It’s cropped. Any ideas?

Sebastian

Hi Bugsy,

Please post a link to your website here (or send it to me privately: https://themeover.com/support/contact/) and I will advise you further.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Bugsy52

The link to my site – http://fitnesstrainingclinic.net/ Love the software by the way.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Hi Bugsy,

I can why this is a bit confusing. Your theme uses slightly different HTML code for the logo on the home page compared to other pages. On the home page, it wraps the logo link in a h1 (heading 1) element. On other pages, it wraps the logo in a p (paragraph) element.

Looking at your stylesheet, I see that you have created two selectors, one that targets the logo on the home page (LogoDimensions2) and another that targets the logo on all other pages (LogoDimensions). One way to solve this would be to just add the same height value of 100px to the selector that targets all pages (LogoDimensions).

Another option would be to navigate to the LogoDimensions2 selector and then click it’s name in the top toolbar. If you then change the value in the textarea from this:

h1.site-title a

To this:

.site-title a

It will become less specific: it won’t just target a (link) elements that are child elements of a h1 element. Just a elements that are the child of any element with the class .site-title

Does that make sense/seem doable?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Bugsy52

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for your attention to this.

Bugsy52

I don’t believe it is the case, but does changing the H1 tags in CSS styling effect SEO?

Bugsy52

removing the H1 worked like a charm – you rock!

Sebastian

Great!

Styling the h1 element won’t normally have much affect on SEO to my knowledge. But I have a feeling that hiding h1 by setting display to none might not be a good idea. But I’m not an SEO expert.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.