Microthemer not loading [SSL issue] & targeting problem [SiteGround issue]

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian 5 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts

Dan021

Hello,

Microthemer is no longer loading for quite some time (about 1 month). I tried to disable any plugins that may impact all those CSS/Java errors, but it didn’t work. I only use 2 optimizers, Imagify and SG optimizer and it worked fine with them before. Right now I am getting that “WordPress site took more than 60 secs to load” error. Any advice?

Thanks


Sebastian

Hey,

Several customers have reported issues with the SiteGround optimizer plugin. I think it has a few kinks they still need to work out. I’m not actually up on the details however – customers normally contact SiteGround and they fix things for them (maybe by tweaking the configuration a bit). I would like to know more about this issue though. If temporarily disabling the SG optimizer fixes your current MT issue, could you open a support ticket with SiteGround and let me know exactly what they say?

If disabling the SG optimizer plugin doesn’t help, would you mind sending me access to the affected site via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot further?

Thanks,
Sebastian


Dan021

Disabling SQ optimizer does not work, I sent you the login details on that form, thanks.


Sebastian

Thanks Dan,

There was an SSL issue. Microthemer was still loading the http version of your site, rather than using the https protocol. I solved this by updating the “Frontend preview URL Microthemer should load” value via MT’s preferences to use https.

Cheers,
Sebastian


Dan021

Hi, thanks, but there is another problem now, when I click on “Target” I don’t see the highlighted areas like before, it looks like it’s bugged somehow.


Sebastian

OK, that is due to a conflict with SG optimizer. I’m just seeing if adjusting the configuration settings in the plugin can help. I’ll update you shortly.


Dan021

Ok


Sebastian

I think I’ve sussed it out now. I added a CSS file to the ‘exclude from combination’ list:

/plugins/microthemer/css/frontend.min.css

There was already a rule for excluding active-styles.css, which SiteGround may have preconfigured:

/wp-content/micro-themes/min.active-styles.css

So in total two files have been excluded.

Siteground exclude css files

Edit: I now see another Siteground setting that should be switched off for compatibility with Microthemer:

Remove Query Strings From Static Resources

If you turn that off, you may not need to clear your SiteGround cache every time you make changes in MT.

It seems to be working now, but please let me know if you have anymore issues.

Thanks,
Sebastian


Dan021

Everything looks fine now, thank you very much, best support ever 🙂


Sebastian

You’re welcome!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.