MT unresponsive, hanging, unusable at the mo, some conflict?

Author Posts

ollyconnelly

Hi Sebastian and Monika,

I’m having some trouble with MT hanging, unresponsive, for exa,ple when I simply “Target” an element, a message popping up on the browser saying “A web page is slowing down your browser”, it asks me if I’d like to debug but tbh I’m not sure quite where to start (actually when I click on the “debug script”options nothing happens anyway, suggesting there’s quite a bottlenect somewhere, I guess).

I’m using Firefox Developer’s latest edition with a bunch of add-ons, if that might be an issue.

Will start deactivating some plugins to try to troubleshoot but if there’s anything you’d suggest I’d be grateful cos right now (having actually only just started using MT, despite buying it a while ago) well, it’s just not useable at all, which is a pity, cos seems to me it’s an absolute corker of a plugin.

Thank you for your assistance.

(I note your postcode, from your welcome mail) is N4, I used to live in Stround Green, Go N4!)

Olly.

Debug Info……….

WordPress Version: 5.4.1
PHP Version: 7.2
Server Software: nginx
Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0
WP Memory Limit: 256M
Current Memory Usage: 51.433M
Current Memory Usage (real): 20.000M

Currently Active Theme: Astra Child Theme for DAILY CHAOS

ollyconnelly

Well, it is a conflict, I know that now … if I can work out which plugin I’ll let you know.

ollyconnelly

Query Monitor!

Guess there’s some bloat in my plugin list too, but QM was the problem, which I guess makes some sense.

Sebastian

Ah, a fellow North Londoner! Great!

Well I’m glad you managed to find the source of the conflict. If there is anything I can do at the MT end I’m happy to jump in. I will try installing Query Monitor on my dev server. If I can’t replicate the performance issues, would you mind sending access for your site via our secure contact form?

Thanks,
Sebastian

ollyconnelly

It looks fine now ty Sebastian. QM isn’t the kind of plugin one should keep activated generally, anyhow, but yes, they don’t seem to sit well together, MT and QM.

I miss Dunn’s the bakers, down Crouch End … their lemon cake is to die for!

Best to you, thank you for producing such an impressive plugin.

Sebastian

Ah I never did make it down to miss Dunn’s. I will certainly give it a try assuming if survives the lockdown.

Just tried Query Monitor (cool plugin!) locally with nginx, firefox, and PHP 7.1, but didn’t notice any performance issues when working with Microthemer. The issue might be specific to your WP environment. I’d be happy to take a look if you like? Happy either way.

Cheers!
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.