Multisite Install Folder Error [tries to ceate blogs.dir – RESOLVED]

Author Posts

mossalot

I have a subdomain multisite install and I am doing a fresh installation of the trial version of Microthemer.

Microthemer is trying to install a folder in my blogs.dir folder which does not even exist and I have never needed it before. Is there something I need to do to make Microthemer multisite compatible?

Sebastian

Hi Mossalot,

Are you getting a permissions error when Microthemer tries to install the folder? Could you tell me what folder it is trying to install?

It might be trying to install a /micro-themes/ folder for storing the single stylesheet it creates (/wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css) along with any design packs you later export. Microthemer requires that this folder exist in order to function correctly. Would it be possible to update the permissions on the blogs.dir folder so that Microthemer can create the folder (assuming you are indeed getting a folder permissions error)?

Also, have you set up your network to use sub-directories or sub-domains?

Thanks,
Sebastian

mossalot

Here is the error I am seeing: https://db.tt/VpH5ondb

Sebastian

Hi, thanks for sharing the screenshot.

I’ve just released an updated version of Microthemer (3.4.7). If Microthemer was previously able to create the blogs.dir folder that you didn’t want (even if it had trouble with /micro-themes) please delete that folder before upgrading. The latest version of Microthemer tries to create the /micro-themes folder in wp-content/uploads/sites as I understand that multi-site doesn’t use the blogs.dir directory any more and it’s conventional to use the uploads/sites directory.

I’m hoping that the permissions in your uploads/sites folder will be set up so that Microthemer can create the necessary folder without hitting a wall. However, it may be that this doesn’t solve the problem and we will need to focus on adjusting the permissions on your server. Please let me know how you get on with the upgrade and we can address that if necessary.

Many thanks,
Sebastian

La4_sCSgD_BGU2c8gq_4GtI

as I understand that multi-site doesn’t use the blogs.dir directory any more and it’s conventional to use the uploads/sites directory.

this is correct =)
since 3.5

You must login or register to reply to this topic.