Negative Padding Question

Author Posts

bhaynet1

HI – Just purchased yesterday – love it so far making tweaks.

The issue I’m having is that when I enter a negative value for padding it doesn’t seem to be working.

I’m trying to reduce the space above the entry title (Atlantic County page) and/or below the breadcrumb trail by entering -18 px.

Entering positive values works – making the space larger – though that is not my aim.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Barbara

Abland

Hi, Barbara,

Negative values are not do-able on padding. The negative doesn’t mean subtract from the current value, but rather it means less than a zero value and padding doesn’t render less than none. However, you can use negative on margins to bring elements closer together but you might want to use the inspector and find out what rule is causing the space. If it’s just the padding, reduce the value to zero, then use a negative margin to bring it closer to what you’d like.

I’d further suggest use the desktop view for those values because the padding and space is likely going to be different on mobile views.

Hopefully that’s not clear as mud 🙂

Sebastian

Thanks pitching in Abland, couldn’t have said it better myself.

Sorry for missing this yesterday Barbara!

Sebastian

As you provided me access to your site for another issue, I saw that you have created multiple selectors for the same element. This can lead to confusion because it’s hard to remember where you added which styles.

Seeing this also alerted me to that fact that Microthemer should present a number in blue when you hover over an element for which you have already created a selector. And this wasn’t happening. So the new version of MT which I have already installed on your site fixes that. However, you may want to delete selectors that target exactly the same element, just to be tidy.

Cheers,
Sebastian

bhaynet1

Thanks, Sebastian!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.