No effect after save [possible wrong target element being styled]

Author Posts

stevenvanzyl

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hello Sebastian
I installed as instructed and followed the video step by step.
I worked on the header site title and tried to change the color in the visual editor.
The color does change in the css table but when I save the change the site per se does not change, although yours does on the video.
What could be the problem? I am running newest WordPress and blank 2011 Micro theme as instructed.

Regards

Steven

Sebastian

Hi Steven,

Could it be that you need to apply the color change to the “Site Title Link” selector (the one after “Site Title”)? Inside the Site Title element will be a link element, and links don’t inherit the color of their parent element. And so in order to change the color of the site title, you will need to apply the color change directly to the link.

If that doesn’t work, we can talk about you giving me access to the WordPress install you’re testing on so that I can troubleshoot this further for you.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.