PHP 7.2

Author Posts

Nelmedia

Hi Sebastian,

Not major, but just so that you know, I’ve run a PHP 7.2 test on one of my installations and I got that for Microthemer:
FILE: /home/nelme112/public_html/demos/wp/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/includes/scssphp/scssphp-jan-2017/src/Node/Number.php
——————————————————————————————————————————
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE
293 | WARNING | Function each() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use a foreach loop instead

FILE: /home/nelme112/public_html/demos/wp/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/includes/scssphp/scssphp-jan-2017/src/Parser.php
————————————————————————————————————————-
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE
2471 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

FILE: /home/nelme112/public_html/demos/wp/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/tvr-microthemer.php
————————————————————————————————————
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 2 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES
1030 | WARNING | Function create_function() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use an anonymous function instead
1069 | WARNING | Function create_function() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use an anonymous function instead

If you want to take a look at it later on…

Nelson

Sebastian

Hey Nelson,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this. I have a webinar later today which I need to prepare for, but will check out those warning on Friday or next week. Hopefully I can just update the SCSS compiler to a newer version.

Cheers!
Sebastian

balticsamurai

I just updated test server to 7.2 and all the content ‘disappeared’. It’s on SimpleMag theme so there might be some conflicts or something. I have other test setups with SimpleMag and Microthemer on the same server and they seem to be fine. I have sent you a support request. Please kindly help. It’s urgent.

balticsamurai

The theme requires Redux Framework. When I activate, I get this error (looks like something with Microthemer and Redux conflicting):
Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function tvr_microthemer_frontend::add_first_and_last_classes(), 2 passed in /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 3 expected in /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/tvr-microthemer.php:9751 Stack trace: #0 /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): tvr_microthemer_frontend->add_first_and_last_classes(Array, Object(WP_Post)) #1 /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array) #2 /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-content/themes/simplemag-master/inc/mega-menu.php(110): apply_filters(‘nav_menu_css_cl…’, Array, Object(WP_Post)) #3 /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php(145): TI_Menu->start_el(”, Object(WP_Post), 0, Object(stdClass)) #4 /home/188454.cloudwaysapp in /home/188454.cloudwaysapps.com/xkjdzwzkjv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/microthemer/tvr-microthemer.php on line 9751

Sebastian

Hey, I’m working on a fix for this. But if you want to solve this immediately:

1. Go to General > Preferences
  2. Set the following option to ‘No’: Add “first” and “last” classes to menu items
  3. Save your preferences.

This error only occurs when that setting is enabled. It’s off by default on recent versions of Microthemer because it’s not really necessary now that browser support for :nth-of-type() selectors is good, and Microthemer uses these by default to target individual elements if no classes/ids are available for that.

Cheers,
Sebastian

balticsamurai

Looks alright for now. Thanks, Sebastian.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.