Plugin conflict with WP-Property [cannot load Microthemer on any pages]

Author Posts

WebsiteService360

Using Microthemer on a new site and seem to be having a plugin conflict. While I have WP-Property (from Usability Dynamics) enabled, I cannot get Microthemer to load on any pages on the site.

When I hit Microthemer from the backend, a new tab opens up and starts to load Microthemer and the page. Then after about 2-3 seconds the page reloads without Microthemer enabled.

If I deactivate WP-Property then Microthemer works as normal.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was travelling all day yesterday.

Yes there is a conflict between the WP Property plugin and Microthemer. The WP Property plugin has been coded to break out of iframes. So the Microthemer preview breaks free of the Microthemer interface before you can edit anything. I’ve seen similar behaviour with the WP Touch plugin. I will email the authors to see if we can work anything out.

In the meantime, if you know how to edit servers files yourself via FTP you could make an edit to the WP Propery plugin yourself. Go to wp-content/plugins/wp-property/js/wpp.global.js and then on line 19 change this:

top.location.href = document.location.href;

To this:

// top.location.href = document.location.href;

I would send you the modified plugin zip file but I think it might be best to run it by the plugin author first. I’ll update you on what they say.

Cheers,
Sebastian

WebsiteService360

I can make the change, thanks Sebastian. Seems like WP-Property works fine, only as long as you use it with their theme. The plugin itself does not play nice with other themes and plugins.

Thanks

Sebastian

OK great, thanks for writing back. WP property have emailed me to say that they will make this iframe breaking behaviour configurable in a future release.

Cheers,
Sebastian

WebsiteService360

Thanks Sebastian

Sebastian

UPDATE:

The file that needs to be edited (wpp.global.js) has moved. It can now be found at: wp-content/plugins/wp-property/static/scripts/wpp.global.js

Also, if after changing this line:

top.location.href = document.location.href;

To this:

// top.location.href = document.location.href;

You find that MT is still directed to your home page, please refresh your browser once immediately after this happens. The frontend of your site (not the admin side) may need a refresh in order to load the updated version of wpp.global.js that you edited.

WebsiteService360

Thanks for the update Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.