Posting Guidelines

Tagged: 

Author Posts

Sebastian

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Response times

We aim to provide our customers with first class support in this forum. Our response time on week days is almost always within 24 hours, sometimes just a few minutes. On weekends, it’s best to assume the reply will come on Monday.

Provide Us With Details About The Problem

• What exactly isn’t working properly – i.e. what action triggers the problem? Or what did you try, and what did you expect, if you’re stuck on a CSS problem.
  • Summarise your problem in the title of your post. “Can you help?” is too generic to be of use to readers searching the forum for answers.

If your WordPress website is online the most helpful thing you can do is post a link to a page on your website that demonstrates the problem. Sometimes it may be necessary for us to log into your WordPress admin area to diagnose the problem. You can create a temporary user account for us (with Administrator privileges) and then send us the login details via this secure web form.

Be Polite and Respectful

We work hard to provide support free of charge. We genuinely want to take care of you so you get the best out of our software. Please be polite and respectful in return.

graffig

Hi
just a quickie, how do I change my avatar? Am I totally blind
Cheers

Sebastian

I should probably have a more confident answer to this question, but as far as I’m aware this forum software (BB Press) will use an Avatar you have created with Gravatar if you sign up with the same email address you use for Gravatar.

https://en.gravatar.com/

(so you don’t actually upload an image to themeover.com)

Cheers,

Sebastian

graffig

Sebastian – I thought it might be something to do with that

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly

Darron

noerman

Sabastian, I’m new here and I can’t find these sub forums.
3. Authoring Saleable Micro Themes
4. Learning CSS

Do they have been removed?

Thanks.

Sebastian

Hi Norman,

I found that people just posted in the currently remaining forums even if their questions related to learning CSS or selling Micro Themes. As they weren’t being used I removed them. Do I reference either of the removed forums somewhere on this website?

Cheers,

Seb

EHERB1

Hi
I am new to microthemer. So far it is great.
Can you help me with making a site responsive.
I am using a theme I purchased a while ago called Sparelax.

When I look at the site on devices it does not fit. I have tried to find information on this but haven’t found anything that is clear.

Can you help me with this
thanks
Edison

Sebastian

Hi Edison,

Thank you for adding this to our tutorial requests thread (https://themeover.com/forum/topic/request-tutorials-here/). As I mentioned in my response to your previous post, a tutorial on designing responsively will be quite involved. But if you can post a link to your site I can give you some quick pointers that will help you make some progress.

Cheers,
Sebastian

monamaynard

Installed and activated, but “page not found” when I try to access the interface via the microthemer link in the left menu of the wordpress admin page. I used the update feature and got a message that I had the most recent version. I also have the latest version of WordPress installed. I am using the Chrome browser.

Update: I just tried it in Firefox and received this message: The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

monamaynard

Update on my previous post about microthemer “page not found.” I also tried in Internet Explorer and using an incognito page in Chrome: page not found, decoding error.

monamaynard

Another update: I just tried recycling the app pool and that did not resolve the issue either.

Abland

Hi, monamaynard,

Try this, in your admin:

Microthemer > Preferences

“Gzip the Microthemer UI page for faster loading:” – select No

monamaynard

That did the trick! Thanks!

cocoon

Hi Sebastian,
how are the threads in the forum sorted? I wrote one last night and can’t find it anymore :0

Cheers, Andrea

Sebastian

Hey Andrea, the posts are sorted in reverse chronological order. Your post should be at the top, or shortly after the post with the most recent reply. Something might be wrong. We recently updated our BBPress forum software. What was your question about?

andrew111

[edit] I see my gravatar on my posts, but not at the top with my “My Account” button.

Just getting into the forum & don’t see my gravatar – I checked and I believe it’s set up correctly:

Sebastian

Hey Andrew, thanks for raising this. I don’t think I ever got around to adding support for gravatar images at the top of the site – but that would be a nice (and consistent) feature.

Cheers!
Sebastian

andrew111

Thanks! Just making sure I was doing it right… 🙂

You must login or register to reply to this topic.