Remove CSS applied via microthemer

Author Posts

Gregory Ofori

Hello,

I have applied some custom css via microthemer but would rather like to use a snippets plugin to manage the generated code instead.

How do I undo the code applied via microthemer?

Sebastian

Hey Gregory,

Option 1

You can simply deactivate Microthemer. Just make sure you also remove any code you may have added to your theme’s functions.php file to load the CSS manually. If Microthemer’s active-styles.css stylesheet is still loading after deactivated Microthemer, that could be why.

Option 2

As an alternative. Once you’ve safely copied your CSS from:

/wp-content/micro-themes/active-styles.css

Or (if you haven’t yet published the CSS changes) from:

/wp-content/micro-themes/draft-styles.css

You can reset all the styles Via Settings > History > Reset everything. But before you do that, you might want to save the most recent history item permanently. You can do that from the All revisions option below the history summary (see save icon on right hand side of the screen that pops up). Then you can always back and edit on MT.

BTW, in a future 7.x update you will be able to conditionally apply folder CSS to certain pages of your site.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Gregory Ofori

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the response. I don’t want to delete theme over. I want to keep using it. I just want to undo all CSS applied via theme over. From now on, I will generate the code on theme over and copy it to a snippet plugin so that I can sort all my changes to the site. So I will not be publishing with theme over, just creating CSS.

So how do I undo the applied CSS with the idea that I am not deleting the plugin at all.

Sebastian

OK, so go with Option 2 above, and if you are not publishing your changes you would copy the css from draft-styles.css.

Gregory Ofori

Thanks Sebastian. Will give it a go.

Gregory Ofori

Worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sebastian

You’re welcome, thanks for the update!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.