revolution slide on home page and other page – make them not visible on mobile

Tagged: ,

Author Posts

mirco_cervi

Hi!
is there possibility to make not visibile the slider in mobile version of site.
I create a selecto on slider, create a mobile view ..and what next ?
thanks
Mirco

Sebastian

Hi Mirco,

Yes it certainly is. Having created your selector and set up the mobile tab, simply go to the ‘Behaviour’ group (the icon which looks like a box), and then set ‘Display’ (the first property in the set) to ‘none’.

See this screenshot for a demo: https://docs.google.com/a/themeover.com/file/d/0B2vCpmXg7Sjlc2NqYnRWdWpQUWM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Answering your question highlights that it isn’t always obvious what the icons mean – we’re actually working on providing an alternative view for the options that people can turn on or off via the preferences. The alternative view will include text labels for each option. There are pros and cons with both views (less to remember vs less room to preview the site) so we think it will be good to let users choose.

Cheers,

Sebastian

ps I didn’t get around to looking at your site yesterday. I’m glad you haven’t encountered any more problems, but I will get around to it site soon if that’s still OK?

mirco_cervi

Thanks Sebastian!
I have already tried it (previously watching the video), but unfortunately nothing happen after I have set the behavior to “none” and even in the preview of Microthemer is still showing to me the slider.
I am talking about different site, still with Avada Theme installed.
Site is http://www.technowrapp.com
can u check it ?
thanks
Mirco

Sebastian

Hi Mirco,

I see what’s going on now, thanks for the link to your site. The image slider is applying an inline style of ‘block’ to the images in the slider (via javascript). This overrides your display setting of ‘none’. However, even if it wasn’t doing this, the best approach is to set display to none on the container div for the slidehow, not the individual images (which rotate).

To target the container div for the slider, you can double-click an image in the slider, enable the advanced options of the selector wizard (top right), click the inspector tab, and then click the up arrow on the directional controls several times. With each click you will travel up to a parent container of the image. You can stop when the HTML below the directional controls says something like:

<div id="sliders-container">...</div>

You may want to switch to the Targeting tab of to make sure that the targeting is what you want. Just ‘#sliders-container’ will probably be a sufficient option for your needs.

Or, if you’re feeling lazy you could just edit the selector you previously created for targeting the image slider and change the value in the CSS Selector code textarea to ‘#sliders-container’. You can edit the selector like this from the main menu or the quick edit options at the top if the selector is currently in focus.

I hope that helps, please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.