Setting up with mamp localhost

Tagged: 

Author Posts

wayneulery

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

I just set my site up on mamp to do editing on my mac, so that I can later upload to web.

Here is a brief video of what I am running into.

http://screencast.com/t/9UjUy9skjH

Thanks for your help.

I believe the idea is to do edits on localhost, export theme, then import into web version…

Sebastian

Hi Wayne,

I’m moving house today, so I’m not on full support mode, but the default view is just the non-visual view which you can get to by clicking the close button at the bottom right of the visual view.

Are you using the latest version of Microthemer (2.4.1)? I recently discovered and an error with Microthemer and PHP 5.4. If you’re local server is using PHP 5.4 or later I expect you can fix the problem by simply upgrading Microthemer to version 2.4.1.

If that doesn’t work, please tell me what the error in the default view says (if you can see it).

Cheers,

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.