Shifted Search Box

Tagged: 

Author Posts

vargula

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi – while changing other things, I found that my search box had displaced from where it was previously (it was previously situated exactly on the navigation bar).

A screenshot is at the following link (for benefit of future reference, as I hope to get it fixed soon):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1129320/downloads/the-search-box-should-be-on-the-nav-bar.jpg

I have spent about two hours trying to work out how (in Microthemer) to get it back there without messing up other settings.

…so any tips gratefully received!!!

Ed

Sebastian

Hi Ed,

The search form is positioned by the theme’s default stylesheet with “absolute” positioning. I think you just need to tweak the value for “bottom” in Microthemer’s positioning options. Things will have got a bit messed up when you adjusted the vertical white space.

Find the “Search Site Wrapper” selector in the “Search Site” section, open up the “Position” options and set “Bottom” to “0” or “10” or something. The search field should then move back up to the nav bar. (Update: changing the “bottom” value may not work – try experimenting with a value for “Top” – negative values are allowed e.g. “-15”)

Note: in general, you would need to set the position to “absolute”, “relative”, or “fixed” in order for “top”, “bottom”, “left”, or “right” position values to have any effect, but the Twenty Eleven theme’s CSS is already applying a position of “absolute” to the search field’s container div.

vargula

Yay – genius – again! A setting of 25 worked like a treat and its back where it should have been 😉
Many thanks
Ed

Sebastian

Great!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.