Twenty Eleven (Wrapper Problems) Can’t Find

Author Posts

Micheals

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi, I’m currently having problems with the wrapper on the Twenty Eleven theme. I’m trying to remove the 2cm of padding on both left and right side. To around 1-3%.
(Section: Main Body – Selector – Wrapper)

Demo Site: http://shop.michealslyderink.com/

I feel like I’m missing something really simple here.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Looking at the settings you’ve applied in Microthemer, I think I can see 2 problems here:

You’ve applied styles to the “Section: Content – Selector: Content” area. Perhaps by enabling selector highlighting in Microthemer in the visual editing view you’ve seen that this is the element you want to change (rather than the element that gets highlighted when viewing the Section: Main Body – Selector: Wrapper” area)?

If so, you can increase the width of the text (and decrease the white space to the left and right) by decreasing the left and right margins currently set to 34% and 7.6% respectively. Currently you have set the “Position” values of left and right. I can see why you might think that would work, but it is incorrect. On a more general note, setting position left, right, top, or bottom without setting a value for Position (e.g. relative) never has any effect.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to do please try to explain in a little more detail. The Wrapper div (#page) doesn’t actually have any padding. The sidebar and the main content areas are not flush against the sides because they have left and right margins.

I hope that helps, if not just shout!

Cheers,

Sebastian

Micheals

Thank’s for the help, this explains allot my css skills are bit on the down side.

Sebastian

You’re welcome.

You must login or register to reply to this topic.