U-Design V1.91

Author Posts

Duplada

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi Sebastian,

U-Design is now on version 1.91 can you tell me if there is a new MicroTheme for this version or if indeed a new one is required. I am holding off upgrading from V1.80 of U-Design

Let me know.

kind regards Keith

Sebastian

Hi Keith,

There isn’t currently a new Micro Theme to support v1.91. I will comb through the changelog to see if the HTML has changed and, if necessary, I will release an updated Micro Theme. This will most likely be tomorrow.

I hope that’s OK,

Sebastian

Duplada

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks. for your quick reply. I have now upgraded to V1.91 and I am having trouble with the “Menu Link Hover” object. When I set the colour of the object it changes the colour of the sub menu hover link instead.

regards Keith

Sebastian

Hi Keith,

I’ve released a new blank slate which has been amended to work with U-Design v1.91: https://themeover.com/blank-u-design/

The problem you were having wasn’t actually the result of updating. There was a need for a new selector because the colour of the links in the main menu is actually determined by span elements inside of the link elements. I therefore added a new selector called “Menu Link Span Hover” which has the following CSS:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sf-menu li span:hover

You can either download the latest Blank U-Design pack (https://themeover.com/blank-u-design/) or you can implement the changes yourself. Here’s the full list of changes:
* Fixed “Menu Link Current” selector in Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu li.current-menu-item a,
#main-menu #navigation-menu li.current_page_item a

* Added a new “Menu Link Span Hover” selector to the Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sf-menu li span:hover
* Fixed “Sub Menu” selector in Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sub-menu,
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.children

* Fixed “Sub Menu Item” selector in Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sub-menu li,
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.children li

* Fixed “Sub Menu Link” selector in Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sub-menu li a,
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.children li a

* Fixed “Sub Menu Link Hover” selector in Main Menu section. NEW SELECTOR:
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.sub-menu li a:hover,
#main-menu #navigation-menu ul.children li a:hover

* Fixed “Post Title” selector in Posts Section. NEW SELECTOR:
.type-post .post-top h1,
.type-post .post-top h2,
.type-post .post-top h3,
.type-post h3:first-child

* Fixed “Post Title Link (Multiple View Only)” selector in Posts Section. NEW SELECTOR:
.type-post .post-top h1 a,
.type-post .post-top h2 a,
.type-post .post-top h3 a,
.type-post h3:first-child a

Cheers,

Sebastian

Duplada

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your quick reply and excellent support as always. I will download the new Theme Pack and give it a try. I will let you know if I hit any problems.

Thanks again.

kind regards Keith

Sebastian

You’re welcome Keith!

You must login or register to reply to this topic.