Warning messages after updating to 2.5 [RESOLVED in Microthemer 2.5.1]

Tagged: 

Author Posts

nick

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hi,

This is an incredible tool! After upgrading to 2.5 I get Warning messages when I import a settings file, whether I overwrite the current settings, or merge them.

ie: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:Program Files (x86)Amppswwwbbpresswp-contentpluginsmicrothemertvr-microthemer.php on line 628.

Everything gets loaded correctly, and everything seems to function correctly, although I did not really test the latest version yet.

Sebastian

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reporting this. The error occurred when importing a settings pack that was made before Microthemer introduced media queries for responsive design.

I have released a fix now: Microthemer 2.5.1. You can download this update now from: https://themeover.com/my-downloads/

Cheers,

Sebastian

nick

Thanks Sebastian,

Fast/efficient response and fix. I’m getting spoiled…

Sebastian

You’re welcome Nick! 🙂

CannonBeach

yeah well, you deserve to get spoiled Nick – after everything you contribute to everyone else’s well-being..

nick

Wow, thanks CannonBeach, I’m assuming you are referring to the Artisteer forums… Here is one more advise.

You obviously have Microthemer to make your life easier… if you are a WordPress user, add WP Tuxedo too, along with Artisteer, you will produce killer premium themes.

So you use Artisteer to start your project, use WP Tuxedo to export the code, and use Microthemer to further control the css code, specially when your site/theme is made for Woocommerce, and other complicated plugins.

nick

Ok, one more, even though I’m getting off topic here:

Never include Microthemer in a client’s web site. Instead use Microloader to load your settings to their site, or append their styles file with Microthemers settings (use the view css) button to get the css settings.

Your clients can very easily make a copy of the plugin from the plugins folder, and since they can see your email address that validates the plugin (if you have the unlimited license like I do), and can start distributing it left and right. In the end, Sebastian will look at you as a pirate, and you would have nothing to do with it. So just use it for your own sites only, and if a customer really wants it, make him buy it, it is not expensive. and if you are an affiliate, you get to make some money too…

cjseven

I’ll take the opportunity to thanks Nick here since I found Microthemer through one post in Artisteer forum.

And this plugin is amazing. I use it every time with all themes.

It is pretty useful with wp-types to style views. It is really amazing and time saving. Sebastian, thank you so much for this plugin.

nick

You are welcome, and it’s good to know people listen for once…

Sebastian

Thanks for sharing your thoughts cjeven.

And Nick, thanks for all of your contributions here and on Artisteer. It’s much appreciated!

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.