WordPress site does not finish loading and no settings can be saved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  robphat 4 weeks ago.

Author Posts

robphat

MT was working fine on this particular site for the past few months, but a few days ago, this started happening:

  • Nothing I set in MT saves.
  • Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘disabled’ of undefined (line 1)
    Microthemer discovered a JavaScript error on your site:
    Error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘disabled’ of undefined
    URL: /wp-content/plugins/microthemer/js-min/deps.js?v=6.3.1.5&ver=5.5.1 (line 1)
    Source: Frontend preview
  • Something’s wrong
    Loading WordPress site took more than 60 seconds. A JavaScript error may be preventing the action from completing. The following errors were detected:
    Error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘disabled’ of undefined
    URL: /wp-content/plugins/microthemer/js-min/deps.js?v=6.3.1.5&ver=5.5.1 (line 1)
    Source: Frontend preview
  • My host is Siteground, and I’ve tried disabling SG Optimizer altogether, per some of your other forum posts, but that didn’t help. This site has had SG Optimizer enabled all along, though, and there was not problem until a few days ago like I said.

    I’m not sure what’s happening, but this has caused me a lot of frustration in my work flow. I’m having to manually code the css now. I’ve have MT for over 5 years now. I know the great Sebastian will be able to fix it!

    The site has a password on it that I can’t make public. So how can I send you that pw privately? I just sent it to you in a contact form. Let me know if I need to send it a different way.


    Sebastian

    Initial password received Rob, I’ve requested some further details too.

    Thanks,
    Sebastian


    Sebastian

    P.S. If you go to General > Preferences > (bottom right) Regenerate all CSS (can fix certain issues) that mix fix your issue. But it would be great to take a look at your site first before you do that (if at all possible) so I can ensure this bug doesn’t crop up again.

    Thanks,
    Sebastian


    robphat

    Sebastian, actually, I see that you pushed an update out for MT. I did the update and the problem went away. Everything appears to working normally now. If I see any further issues, I’ll let you know.

    What do you think the issue may have been, since the recent update fixed it?


    Sebastian

    Ah OK, when you upgrade the Regenerate all CSS option I mentioned always runs. It’s primary purpose is to ensure all the data is formatted correctly on each upgrade. But I’ve made it available in the preferences as it can sometimes fix issues that occur when e.g. a save request doesn’t complete properly. Or something else goes wrong.

    I suspect the data formatting issue that caused your error was corrected, but it’s impossible to say what caused it in the first place now. If it happens again, please let me know ASAP and I will jump in and have a look.

    Thanks!
    Sebastian


    robphat

    OK thanks for the great support as always over the years. I will let you know if the issue pops back up.

    You must login or register to reply to this topic.