Workflow

Tagged: 

Author Posts

shamrockoz

Hello,

1) I wish you had hover options available in the UI – rather than requiring me to copy a selector and then adding :hover – ok not a big deal – just easier to handle within UI.

2) How can I easily copy a selector style from one to another?
Let’s say I target the home button – I add a gradient to it. Next, I want to add the gradient to the hover state of menu items next to it. I have 2 tabs open. One with the gradient color for the home button. And another microthemer tab open for the hover state of the selected menu items. Each time I add some CSS – I get a warning. Quite rightly! But – I am just trying to copy the gradient color from one selector to another.

What’s the best of doing that?

Ideally, I would go into the CSS generated and make the copy / paste there but it is not editable.

Sebastian

Hey,

1. You can use the UI to generate a hover selector in targeting mode. Click the CSS modifiers icon to the right of the selector label. You will see all pseudo classes and elements there, as well as an option to make MT’s selectors page-specific.

css hover selector

2. There isn’t currently an easy way to copy one property group’s field values to fields on a different selector (with OS style right-click copy / paste). This feature will probably be added at some point, but it needs to follow some other updates that are coming in the next few months.

For your particular issue, I can recommend a few workarounds:

Copy the entire selector after adding the gradient

There is an option in the selectors menu to copy a selector, including all of it’s styles. You may need to expand the icons to see this icon. You could copy the selector after adding the gradient, and then edit the copied selector’s name and CSS code by clicking it’s name in the top toolbar. You can then use Microthemer’s targeting options to generate the appropriate selector, which you would copy from the Targeting suggestions pane on the right (with the advanced options expanded).

Join the button and menu item hover selectors into one using a comma

(I suspect you know this already, but for the sake of other readers)

Similar to above, you could use Microthemer to get the selector for the menu items in the hover state, and then manually adjust the selector for the home button. You would add a comma and then paste the menu items selector, making a new selector that targets both types of element. If you wanted to add other styles to the home button that you don’t want to apply to the menu items, you would create a separate selector just for the home button. And perhaps a separate selector for the menu items.

Make use of saved colors in the color picker

If you click the three dots in the color picker, you will see two more palettes. Click the save button to save the current color. Once you’ve saved the two colors for the gradients it will be easier to apply them on the other selector. Recent colors also save time without having to save the colors, but only the last 12 colours are remembered.

I agree, it would be nice to have the generated CSS code editable, but this would need to sync up with the UI fields, which isn’t supported yet.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Sebastian

shamrockoz

Awesome!

Thank you Sebastian – and it’s fair to update this later.

Will you also take a look at Brizy.io as potentially another Page Builder where you might have integration with?

These are VERY early days for Brizy and they are certainly not ready for integration yet – but can you put this on your radar?

Cheers,

Steve

shamrockoz

Also – while I am writing this – perhaps have a Trello platform for requests … Or perhaps integrate that with GitHub.

Requests

1) Copy one property group’s field values to fields on a different selector (with OS style right-click copy / paste)
2) Generated CSS – make editable
3) Future integration with Briz.io

I’ll be honest Sebastian – early adopter of your product which I have not used in a long while. But Dave Foy’s news trickled in re: MicoThemer and Elementor and I was HUGELY impressed!

Great work Sir!

Sebastian

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve just returned from a 3 day wedding.

And thanks for your suggestions, I’ve added the Brizy one to my task list. The other two were already on it 🙂 A public trello board / GitHub might be a good system for logging customer suggestions and sharing the development road map. I’ll look into that.

I hope you find the Elementor-Microthemer combination works well. If you have any thoughts on how to enhance the workflow further please let me know.

Thanks!
Sebastian

Sebastian

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve just returned from a 3 day wedding.

And thanks for your suggestions, I’ve added the Brizy one to my task list. The other two were already on it 🙂 A public trello board / GitHub might be a good system for logging customer suggestions and sharing the development road map. I’ll look into that.

I hope you find the Elementor-Microthemer combination works well. If you have any thoughts on how to enhance the workflow further please let me know.

Thanks!
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.