Adding/changing media query in existing SELECTOR(s)

Tagged: 

Author Posts

zholy9

Hi.

I would like to ask (or make a suggestion) … if you create a selector for MOBILE only … and later realise you need it to be TABLET/MOBILE … how to change the existing selector from mobile only -> tablet/mobile so I don’t have to recreate a bunch of selectors from one to another ?

Thank you in advance.

Zdenek

Sebastian

Hey Zdenek,

You do not need to create separate selectors form mobile, tables, all devices etc. You just need to create a selector once, and then use the responsive tabs for applying screen specific styles. You don’t have to use one tab for each selector.

Does that make sense? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Cheers,
Sebastian

zholy9

Hi Sebastian … it does make a sense and a bit misunderstanding 🙂

What happened is : I created like 5 selectors for only M, just to realised I need them to be T&M. I have found out, that one selector can be used with each “media query tab”…but you need to set every MQ/tab from the begging which takes time.

What I was describing is something like “copy [Mobile] and paste [into T&M]” 🙂 … maybe on the top of the MQ tab, where you have the three options (disable, clear, media ) to add COPY/PASTE ?

What do you think?

Thank you for the fast reply & have a nice rest of the Sunday 🙂

Sebastian

Aha, I see what you mean now. Yes, that feature is actually already on the ToDo list. It won’t be done immanently, but it will be done at some point. I hope that’s of some comfort 🙂

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.