After validating no IU Sections [RESOLVED]

Author Posts

fireman

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

Hello,
I purchased and validated but I still only have the “FREE SAMPLE” section in my IU. How do I get all the “base” sections that I see in the video tutorials?

fireman

Nevermind, I missed the “reset” tooltip.

Sebastian

No problem. If you run into any more issues, just give me a shout!

Cheers,

Sebastian

AndyP

I have this problem – what does the “reset” tooltip mean please?

Sebastian

Ah, yes free trial section can be a bit confusing after validating. The full program is unlocked but the sample section you get with the free trial remains. Now that you’ve unlocked the program if you click the reset button in the Microthemer UI it will now default to more useful sample sections.

Note: resetting the interface will clear any selectors and their styles. You could simply rename the section to remove mention of the free trial. This is easiest in the standard view – look for the “rename section” link to the right of the section.

It does mention this when you first unlock the program but thinking about it now the message should probably persist until you reset the Microthemer UI.

The getting started videos discuss every aspect of the programme: https://themeover.com/support/microthemer-tutorials/

– apart from the new responsive features which I’ve only just added. A video demo will be added soon but in the meantime there is this tutorial: https://themeover.com/specifically-targeting-phones-tablets-etc-with-microthemer-responsive-design-using-media-queries-the-easy-way/

Cheers,

Sebastian

Neckrub

Having just purchased Microthemer and still being totally unfamiliar with it, I spent a few nervous moments bumbling around looking for “the reset button in the Microthemer UI.” Perhaps a small screenshot or illustration of the button’s location will save other noobs from similar anxiety as they search for this small but important feature for the very first time. All the best.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Many thanks for your feedback. As new features have been added to Microthemer over time the interface has evolved in a sometimes less than intuitive way. We recognise this, and will be rolling out a much better (and prettier) interface in the coming months. I think everyone is going like it much more 🙂

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Sebastian

DrAlex

I thought that “Reset Preferences” would get rid of the “Free Sample” section. It did not.

Instead, you need to click not on Reset Preferences but on Reset that is next to Clear and SpeedUp.

It’s a good idea to include a screen shot to clear any ambiguities.

Sebastian

Hi DrAlex, yes you are right of course. The decision to have a section called free trial wasn’t a good one in hindsight. It’s continuing existence after unlocking the program has caused understandable confusion. The next major release of Microthemer which should be ready at the end of the month will address this issue by using an “Example Section” rather than a “Free Trial Example Section”.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.