Agency Tools fluid font sizes and microthemer

Author Posts

mrjonnywood

Hello, I’m just beginning to use Microthemer with Ageny Tools for Oxygen but noticed an issue when enabling the oxygen builder in microthemer.

I have fluid fonts set up in Agency tools. When I enter microthemer to edit a page the type is scaled correctly and adjusts accordingly as the viewport size changes. However, as soon as I enable Oxygen (view/enable Oxygen) the type defaults to the base Oxygen font-sizes and does not scale. This makes it impossible to style the rest of the page using microthemer.

Is anyone else using fluid fonts in Agency Tools with microthemer?

UPDATE:
It seems just having microthemer active in the plugins also blocks the fluid font sizes when editing only in Oxygen builder 🙁

Sebastian

Hey,

Would you mind sending access for the affected site via our secure contact form so I can see how the CSS from MT, Oxygen, and Agency Tools is combining to create this issue?

Thanks,
Sebastian

mrjonnywood

Hi Sebastian,

I’ve sent details, it’s on a development server so you can do anything without worrying about effecting a live production site.

Thanks.

Sebastian

Thanks for providing access Jonny. Contrary to my initial hunch we discussed via email, your fluid fonts fonts do not work at all when Oxygen builder is active. They just appear to be fluid due to a quirk of Oxygen’s zoom feature. Microthemer happens to disable Oxygen’s zoom feature, and this reveals that the fonts are not fluid when Oxygen is active.

The following video explains this: http://somup.com/cYibbn6coC

Basically, O2 CSS loads after agency tools CSS when O2 is active. To fix this, the Agency Tools guys will need to make some changes at their end. You might wish to share the this thread with them.

Thanks,
Sebastian

mrjonnywood

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this, however I don’t think you’re right about the O2 zoom issue. If you check again the fluid font’s work correctly in O2 when MT is not actively enabled under plugins. Activate MT and the fonts no longer work (even when editing directly in O2 Builder and not using MT.

Look what’s happening with and without MT actively enabled:

1. Fluid fonts when MT is not an active plugin
Fluid fonts when MT is not active

2. Fluid fonts when MT is an active plugin
Fluid fonts when MT is active but not in use

Sebastian

You are right, sorry about that. The zoom thing confused me at first, and then seemed to fit perfectly as an overall explanation. However, I’ve checked again, and I think my first guess was actually right, well almost.

Agency Tools does load in the head rather than the footer when MT is active. But I couldn’t see any logic for this when inspecting the Agency Tools code. I will have another look tomorrow, as I have childcare duties today. Is that OK?

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.