All site a other style? [targeting specific pages – RESOLVED]

Tagged: ,

Author Posts

sawerbung

Hy,

i want to have for all my sites another style. How can i do this?

Thank you and best regards.

Sebastian

Hi there,

Could you be a bit more specific about what you would are trying to do please?

Thanks,
Sebastian

sawerbung

I have my navigation like

. Home
. About
. Portfolio
. Contact

Now i want to have on my “home” site a complete other stlye (template)
“About and Portfolio” should have a background image
“Contact” should have a background color

So now, if i make changes – all sites have this changes 😉
What have i to do.

Thank you

sawerbung

Anyone has a idia? – THANKS 😉

Abland

Hi, sawerbung,

Are you meaning a multisite and making changes to one theme so it changes all the sites? It’s not possible that I have found because Microthemer works on a per site basis.

However, if you make your edits on the first site you can export your changes and then import that into every other site.

This might help:
https://themeover.com/design-packs-skins-scaffolds/
– and –
https://themeover.com/installing-importing-design-packs/

sawerbung

I don´t know if we talk about the same. I want to design every site seperately.

I have my navigation like

. Home
. About
. Portfolio
. Contact

Now i want to have on my “home” site a complete other stlye (template)
“About and Portfolio” should have a background image
“Contact” should have a background color

Sebastian

Thanks yet again for chipping in Abland.

Sawerbung – are you actually referring to ‘pages’ when you mention ‘sites’? If so, you can apply styles that only take effect on one page by pre-pending the CSS Selector Microthemer suggests on the selector wizard with classes in the body of your page (that have numbers in them). If you can send me a link to your website I can give you more specific instructions. But here is an example:

If you were using Microthemer to customize this forum page, you might double-click the green submit button on the reply form. The selector wizard would pop up and if you revealed the advanced options (top right) the targeting tab would have an option like this somewhere:

#bbp_reply_submit

If you created a selector with just that, your styles would have an effect on all topic reply buttons across the whole site. But if you look at the source HTML code for this page using either firebug for firefox/chrome or clicking control+U you will see that the body tag has a class in it which relates to the page id (postid-6020). If we modified our selector to this:

.postid-6020 #bbp_reply_submit

We limit the scope of our selector to just one page. You can modify a selector’s CSS code on the wizard or after you’ve created your selector by clicking the edit icon in the main menu.

I appreciate that this method of finding HTML code and using it to modify CSS code manually isn’t ideal for non-coders. We will soon be addressing this by incorporating body classes in the selector wizard.

I hope this helps for now.

Cheers,
Sebastian

batsteek

We will soon be addressing this by incorporating body classes in the selector wizard.

Good point ! 😉

sawerbung

@ Sebastian: This could be a solution, but it doesn´t work 😉 i tryed different things.
Could you have a look? I want to send you the site, but how?

Sebastian

Yes no problem, please send me a link to your site via this contact form if you’d prefer not to post it in the forum: https://themeover.com/support/contact/

And if you also send me login details for your admin area I will set up an example selector in Microthemer to show you what I mean.

Cheers,
Sebastian

sawerbung

Hy Sebastian,

i hope you got my email.
Please keep me in the current.

Thanks

Sebastian

Yes I got your email thanks. Unfortunately I got a domain parked holding page. Could you check the URL you sent me?
Thanks,
Sebastian

sawerbung

I send it again. SORRY

sawerbung

Wohoo – i found a solution!
It works like you say sebastian, i do it false.

So it works: body.page-id-(number)

Sebastian

Excellent news. Well done. Please let me know if you require assistance with anything else.

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.