Artisteer related [changing built in prefix]

Tagged: , , ,

Author Posts

kehyian

Notice: this information was written when Microthemer version 2 was current. On Dec 26th, 2014 version 3 was released with a completely new interface. Some of the information may be redundant, but as much of the functionality remains the same in version 3 we haven't deleted this post.

When I’m exporting an Artisteer generated theme I usually remove the “art-” from the css files.
That makes Blank Artisteer 1.0 not working as expected because Microthemer cannot “recognize” the specific Artisteer tags.
So I made a version of Blank Artisteer which works in such situation.
I will submit it to the Theme Packs repository.

Sebastian

Hi Kehyian,

Thank you very much for submitting a modified version of our Blank Artisteer Micro Theme. Before I publish it, I just have a few questions.

1. Why do you usually remove the β€œart-” from the css files?
2. Do you think many other Artisteer users remove β€œart-” from the css files too?

I just need to make sure that people don’t download the wrong Blank Artisteer Micro Theme for their particular needs. Depending on your answer to my questions, I may just create a blog post for downloading your alternative version which would also explain why it might be useful. I would link to this post from the current Blank Artisteer details page.

Thanks for getting so stuck in with Microthemer!

Sebastian

kehyian

Hi Sebastian,
Regarding your questions

1. Because I think that css files look better, are more compatible and IMHO it doesn’t offer any advantage.
2. I’m not sure but actually I read this tip in Artisteer forums.

I think that the blog post idea is the best solution.

BTW Microthemer is a very good plugin and I think it has a great potential.

Best regards from Greece

Yiannis

Sebastian

Hi Yiannis,

I’ve published your alternative Blank Artisteer with this tutorial explanation: https://themeover.com/artisteer-with-art-css-prefix-removed-customized/

Thanks again!

Sebastian

imagei

Hey Seb,
Just for the record, I’m a relatively new (3 months) Artisteer user and I started off by renaming my prefix just to personalise the theme, but now remove it for the same reasons as Kehyian. It’s just a seemingly useless piece of the code. I would think that if we both do this, many others do also.
Regards,
Jon.

Sebastian

Thanks for pitching in Jon.

Some other users have also confirmed that they remove the “art-” prefix too.

Chazzer

Hi
Just arrived. How do I use Microthemer with an existing Artisteer theme I’ve made – not the blank one?

Sebastian

Hi,

You should be able to use the Theme Pack for ANY Theme you’ve already created with Artisteer: https://themeover.com/blank-artisteer/

It’s called a “blank” theme because it contains selectors (for targeting the HTML in your Artisteer-generated Theme) but no CSS style rules.

Perhaps I haven’t fully understood your question…

Regards,

Sebastian

Chazzer

I think I didn’t understand the product. The penny has dropped πŸ™‚

Sebastian

Great! πŸ™‚

You must login or register to reply to this topic.