Can't change text color

Author Posts

appscaptain

Hi,

I’m trying to change the text color on the selected tabs here:
https://appscaptain.dk/work-with-us/

But I can’t seem to set them. See video please: https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5ulQOoQ

B.t.w. how can I post private support tickets with hidden URLs and videos?

Sebastian

Hey,

Looking at your site in Chrome, it looks like the theme uses the following selector to style buttons in the active state:

.btn-outline.btn-primary:active, 
.btn-outline.btn-primary.active, 
.show>.btn-outline.btn-primary.dropdown-toggle

So you could manually add a new selector to your Long review line folder using the plus (+) button in the selectors menu (that will appear when you hover over a folder).

And you can use our contact form whenever you have a support request involving private information.

Cheers,
Sebastian

appscaptain

Thanks Sebastian, that worked perfectly! But is there any way for a newbie to find these selectors with Microthemer (because the fact that I can’t figure them out manually is exactly why I bought Microthemer 🙂

Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry I was in a bit of a rush on Friday so just gave you a solution without a proper explanation.

Microthemer doesn’t suggest every conceivable selector when building a list of suggestions. In your case, it wasn’t suggesting:

.btn-primary.active

It would have suggested:

.btn-primary

and

.active

And you could have chosen a selector with .active at the end (via the Targeting suggestions pane on the right with advanced targeting controls expanded – an option in the dropdown menu perhaps). However, that selector may have been a bit broader than you wanted by itself. The adjoining class btn-primary, makes the selector specific to elements that have both the classes:

btn-primary AND active

When a selector includes two classes that are not separated with a space, they refer to classes on the same element:

.btn-primary.active

The buttons on your site in the active state have both classes. The HTML looks like this:

class="btn-primary active"

With Microthemer’s advanced options expanded, you can view the HTML code for the buttons to see this for yourself. In future, if you see an extra class you want your selector to tap into, you can manually modify the selector suggestion code on the right. So for instance, you could find the following selector:

.btn-primary

And then change it to:

.btn-primary.active

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.