Changes are slow to appear.

Author Posts

dazlee85

Hi im having a problem with microthemer, when i target an element then make a change like the font or text size etc nothing will change, its only after 10 minutes or so after trying different browsers or refreshing the change will work and sometimes not at all. I used the free version and it worked fine no problems its only when i paid for microthemer i came into this problem, iv tried disabling plugins, iv made changes on firefox, chrome and internet explorer but the change will just randomly appear after sometime when i refresh my webpage, any ideas what it could causing this problem? Thanks

Sebastian

Hey,

This definitely sounds like a caching issue – perhaps server-level caching (e.g. cloudflare) if you have already tried disabling other plugins. Web hosts sometimes enable server-level caching automatically.

Did you use the free and premium version on exactly the same site / setup? Or did you experiment with the free version on a local copy of your site using WAMP or XAMPP or something similar? I can’t think why the changes would be more immediate with the free version at this stage.

Also, when caching is at play, it’s less common for changes to be delayed while you’re actually working in the Microthemer interface. It normally only affects site visitors viewing the frontend of your site in the regular way. This is less of a problem because you just need to remember to purge the cache after making changes in MT. But if you don’t get immediate feedback in MT, that’s unworkable.

Would you mind sending me access details for your site via our secure contact form so I can troubleshoot your Microthemer interface?

Many thanks,
Sebastian

dazlee85

Hi iv just tried microthemer now and its started working fine now, im not sure why haha the only thing i did when i started my laptop up was do a performance clean up with avast premier and now its all good. I think i need to do some more training, thanks for the speedy reply and i hope i wont need to bother you again haha. Thanks

bhaynet1

I think I’m having the same problem actually. I submitted a form post earlier today – didn’t seem like changes were taking place.

Sever hours later I went back to the page and the change was there.

Didn’t have the issue with the free version.

Not using CloudFlare or any caching plugins.

Don’t think it has anything to do with BlueHost either since the free version worked immediately.

Sebastian

@dazlee85 – interesting. But if @bhaynet1 has the same problem, something seems to be afoot here. And the problem may return.

@bhaynet1
are you getting this issue reliably? If so, would you mind providing me with access to your MT install via our secure contact form so I can check if Microthemer’s stylesheet is reloading properly?

BTW, does this happen for all styles or just Google fonts? I only ask because some updates were made to Google fonts recently. And is it possible you updated to version 5.0.9.2 when you switched to the premium version?

Thanks,
Sebastian

bhaynet1

Hi Sebastian –

Will send you credentials via the contact form. I have Easy Google Fonts plugin in stalled – so not sure what version of Google fonts itself it actually is.

Thanks,

Barbara

Sebastian

Thanks Barbara, I’ve just installed a new version of Microthemer on your site.

It occurred to me that an error you previously raised via Facebook yesterday, which I wasn’t able to replicate, could relate to this issue. Because on some occasions when a JavaScript error is triggered in Microthemer, it blocks further communication with the site frontend. And so the stylesheet can’t reload. The changes are saving correctly, but because the stylesheet doesn’t reload, you don’t see them immediately. They do appear when the browser is refreshed however, and Microthemer can talk to the site frontend again.

I found that MT was producing an error when using the green plus [+] to quickly create a selector, which the new 4.0.9.4 release fixes. Hopefully, you won’t encounter this issue again. But please let me know if you do. As I may need to dig a bit deeper.

Cheers,
Sebastian

cfawebdesigns

I have all caching on the server and in WordPress turned off. Still takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes to make any type of changes. Seems like its unstable as some times locks up and I have to refresh page but then lose all seating just made. Then the page is very hard to work with. I have the pro version.

Sebastian

Hey,

Sorry for your trouble. It definitely sounds like something is wrong. Would you mind sending me access details to your site via our secure contact form so I can see what’s going on?

(ideally creating a temporary user account for me with Administrator access which you can delete afterwards)

Many thanks,
Sebastian

You must login or register to reply to this topic.